This autumn I will...
1. Get outside every day: I will take morning walks and weekend hikes. I will remember to love the rain on my skin.
2. Fall in love with the new moon and stars: I will go outside every night before bed to gaze at them and learn them. I will learn the major constellations of the autumn sky.
3. Bring color in: Instead of hothouse flowers, I will collect leaves and twigs, berries and cones.
4. Light candles, lots of candles.
5. Drink tea: every afternoon at 3:30.
6. Read a few classics and some books that honor home and hearth: I've got L.M. Montgomery and Louisa Alcott, Miss Read and Jan Karon on my mind.
7. Open my heart: be vulnerable and pursue (and accept!) community; everywhere I go, I will seek to be a blessing.
8. Always be creating: I will knit, crochet, sew and embroider.
9. Indulge in the luxury of cooking meals: I will try new seasonal colors, flavors, spices. I will be grateful for the luxury of choosing from abundance and preparing at leisure. I will pay attention, clean as I go, learn proper techniques and work at becoming a more competent cook.
10. Enjoy more poetry: I will read it and write it.
(inspired once again by amanda.)