17/366 - pomegranate how-to.
1. make a shallow circular cut around both the top and bottom of the fruit and remove.
2. Around the outside of the pomegranate you should be able to feel faint ridges: score these with a sharp knife.
3. Pull open one section at a time.
4. This is the stickiest, messiest part: pry out the seeds. If you can keep from puncturing the seed membranes, you won't get red fingers...good luck with that. I store the seeds in a jar in the fridge.
5. Enjoy! I put them on green and fruit salads; you could add them to smoothies, or sprinkle them on your morning oatmeal or just eat them plain, like I did.