The practical side of my plans this month:
I wish I could get down to half our budget as Heather did, but I'm already watching pennies pretty closely so I'm going to set a goal of cutting about 25%.
That makes my food spending goal for the month of November* $900.
- This will be just groceries, not household goods and toiletries, etc.
- Even though we have been on a special diet (no grains or starches, including beans, potatoes and corn), I'll be adding in a small amount of grains and beans to help ease costs.
- I'll forgo buying the more expensive organic, free-range meats and dairy I prefer and buy what's available at my local store.
- Whatever I save will be donated to a food program, either local or international. I'm still praying about that.
- My focus will be thanksgiving and abundance, rather than doing without.
- I'll be posting throughout the month and sharing menus, recipes and hopefully some genius cost-cutting tricks....if I figure any out. *smile*
All the posts in this series can be found here.
*We have a family of six: 2 adults, 3 boys: 18,17,12 and a girl, 16